Wednesday 6 July 2011

From the seaside

Well although it's now been a couple of weeks since Will and I visited Suffolk, I thought these photographs were worth sharing and will remind me of a wonderful time at the coast. My Grandparents have a house in Wangford- great name I know, so we decided to go for the weekend after A-Levels. This is Southwold Lighthouse.
DSCN1208 by scottnodot                                                
These are lovely prawn and tuna sandwiches we ate on the Pier on the last day. The Pier is amaazing and at this point we were sobbing as it was baking and we didn't want to come home :( 
This is Will unable to try out one of the amusements due to his puny height.
 Southwold Pier has these crazy amusements designed by Tim Hunkin in which you can test your nerve with a rabid dog in a cage, or rent one to walk down the promenade, be frisked by inflatable rubber hands or satisfyingly 'wack a banker'. The Under The Pier Show is definitely work a visit!
This is me 'Renting a Dog' which gathered quite a crowd around me. This is probably the only type of dog I'd consider having, it has no fur and can be turned off.
Here I am in front of the barrels wearing my tour badge with pride.
 This is when we did the famous Adnams Distillery Tour, where we got to taste their new gin, vodka and limoncello.  I would have appreciated some lemonade to go with it. It was the second distillery tour I'd been to where I broke my camera after too many samples!

I am a qualified lifeguard so I felt it would be appropriate for me to have a picture here. If anyone is interested - my skirt was kindly given to me by a friend, it was a charity shop buy for her art project, my top and bag are from Urban Outfitters, and shoes Topshop.

The best beach huts I've ever seen. I want to live in one. That is not allowed.
These are pebbles piled on the groynes that we thought a man had put there but in fact we saw a painting later that evening with this on so they must have been there for a while.

Here is Will and our favourite Licourice Sticks from Nutters Sweet shop.
 Here is what appears to be an old man, having some laughs, building a knob on the beach, and a small naked child.
Other highlights from the trip include crabbing in Walberswick - Will = 30, Sarah = 22, and SEEING THE ACTUAL DARKNESS IN A THAI RESTAURANT in Lowestoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though sadly I was way too starstruck and chicken to talk to them. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT THOUGH, we walked into this Thai lady's front room and who were the only people in there, sat at a table in the corner THE DARKNESS!!!!


That concludes my visit to Wangford for taday xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment